Effective January 1, 2016
The Regulations under the Architects Act have been amended to increase the Mandatory Professional Liability Limits. There is no impact on more than 90% of OAA Certificate of Practice Holders.
- To ensure our mandate to protect the public continues to be achieved;
- The OAA Mandatory Insurance Minimums have not been updated in 30 years;
- In recognition of the change in value of the dollar amount since 1984;
- The cost of projects and property values have increased since 1984;
- The increase relates to minimum per claim coverage; and
- More than 86% of architectural practices are small (with five or less architects).
- The amendments bring the OAA’s professional liability mandatory insurance program requirements in-line with those of other professionals; i.e. Lawyers minimum of $1 million, and Chartered Professional Accountants minimum $1 million.
For additional information please contact Pro-Demnity Insurance Company
Increase in Mandatory Professional Liability Limits Matrix
LAST UPDATED 12/15
Excess Professional Liability Insurance Questionnaire
Pro-Demnity Insurance Company