2016 OAA Annual Conference
2016 Call for Tours
Have a great idea for a tour in the Toronto area? We want to hear from you!
The OAA is also now soliciting tour proposals for possible inclusion in the 2016 OAA Conference program. We are looking for unique & informative tours that will engage and educate the audience. Conference tours can be architectural or recreational in nature. The goals of the program are to show attendees what the Conference host city has to offer in terms of new architectural projects, heritage projects and exciting attractions and or excursion activities. Architectural tours also provide Continuing Education Opportunities for the membership.
- Tours will be held in two time slots within the Conference program: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm and 2:00 – 5:30 pm
- Tour are expected to be 1.5 - 2 hours in duration
- Due to schedule limitations, we will not be able to consider project locations that have a one-way travel time greater than 45 minutes from the Westin Harbour Castle hotel, Toronto.
- Architectural Tours may include buildings: (Commercial & residential), neighborhoods, community projects, and any other built spaces.
- Recreational Tours can include buildings, neighbourhoods, attractions, parks, boat, bike & bus rides, excursions.
TOUR PRESENTER BENEFITS
- Exposure to Toronto architects and the design community.
- Networking opportunities with Ontario architects and allied Professionals.
- Complimentary tickets to selected Conference social events.
- Eligibilty to receive ConEd learning hours.
TOUR PROPOSALS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A brief description of the concept of the tour/project and the location/address of the tour. (ie. What will be included in the tour? What makes this tour/project unique?)
- Duration: What is the length of the tour? All tours will depart from and return to the host Hotel (tbc - downtown area), please factor that into your total travel and tour estimation.
- Time of Day: Is this tour only available at a particular time of day or is the timing flexible?
- Transportation: What is the best mode of transportation for the tour?
- Physical challenges: Does the tour have any specific physical challenges ( ie. lots of walking, biking etc.)
- Special Requirements: Does the tour have any special requirements (ie. Projects under construction would require hard hats & construction boots etc.)
- Min/Max: What are the minimum and maximum number of participants?
- Costs: Are there any costs associated with the tour?
- Tour Leader Experience: Please provide a short bio of the proposed tour leaders. (Include designations and current job title)
All tours submitted will be reviewed by the Conference Committee for final approval and may be grouped together with other similar projects. Pre-packaged tour proposals may have individual elements selected for tours, but may not be accepted in their entirety. If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward Proposals to Tamara King, Administrator, Website & Communications by November 9, 2015.