MJMA is seeking a ‘Marketing / Proposal Specialist’ to join our growing 70-person interdisciplinary Toronto studio, focused on design excellence in public projects. Recipients of the 2016 RAIC Firm Award, our integrated design studio incorporates Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Design, and Environmental Graphic Design, all aimed at delivering full service, holistic design solutions. Our office is committed to design excellence, community, and leadership in sustainability. It is a collaborative and dynamic work environment with a commitment to being a great place to work and to foster professional growth of the individual.
This role requires a ‘team-first’ focused individual who is an organized and proactive doer, who has the confidence to bring a fresh perspective to our team.
- Experience in a marketing role within an architecture or design firm is a must.
- Experience in the proposal process with strong knowledge about the document production is a must.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in either Marketing/Communications, Journalism, Architecture, or related design field.
- Demonstrated multitasking abilities and can work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, planning, time management and prioritization skills.
- Detail-oriented and precise communicator.
- Responsive, assertive, resourceful, and self-motivated.
- Able to work independently, seek input, and ask for help from team members when needed.
- Strong writing, editing, and graphic skills are a must.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign.
- Keen understanding and experience with web platforms and social media applications.
You must: be a creative, passionate person; a strategic thinker; have a desire to win and make great projects; strong team-focused and interpersonal communication skills, and share MJMA’s ethos of the pursuit of design excellence and elevating the quality of the public realm.
Proposals (70% of workload)
Working closely and collaboratively with the 3-person marketing team and the firm’s partners, the primary responsibility and focus of the position is developing creative, compelling, and engaging proposal responses for local, national, and international project pursuits. This involves tracking and evaluating incoming RFPs, RFQs, RFIs; researching local market and identifying people, trends, and project opportunities; take responsibility for content, design layout, production and timely delivery of proposal submissions; engaging and coordinating internal team members and out-of-house consultant to ensure high quality submissions; developing and editing bespoke written responses that are engaging and appropriate to each project; developing and maintaining a record of proposal templates and written content library; tracking submission outcomes, coordinating debrief sessions and ensure feedback influences future pursuits; and work in a highly collaborative environment with a team looking to streamline processes while increasing impact.
Marketing and Communications (30% of workload)
In addition to proposal responses, marketing and communications responsibilities include updating marketing and proposal resources, resumes, project sheets, and project databases; research and develop communications for brochures, award programs, advertisements, speaking engagements, and publication submissions; coordinate relationships with collaborators, partners, and vendors; and assist with digital marketing including upkeep of the firm’s website and social media channels.
For more information visit http://www.mjma.ca/
Let us know why this position interests you and why you are the ideal candidate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Marketing / Proposal Specialist”. Salary negotiable based on level of experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note however that only those selected for interview will be contacted.