- THE OAA
- NEWS & EVENTS
- PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
- PUBLIC RESOURCES
- DISCOVER AN ARCHITECT
17 November 2016
Provider: Wood Works
Date: November 17 | 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Location: Allstream Centre
Cost: $50 + HST
Feature Presentation at the Toronto Wood Solutions Fair
The Mosaic Centre for Conscious Community and Commerce is a 30,000 sq. ft. mixed use commercial building in Edmonton, Alberta, and is the most northern net-zero operation building in the world. Intended to be the ideal workplace, the project not only re-envisioned workspace design but also the commercial construction process.
This project is complete and 100% occupied. Some of the key features include:
• Largest utilization of WestDek panels to date
• Hybrid steel-wood design to achieve “beauty” target
• Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) contract between the team
• Furthest north net-zero operation building in the world
• Targeting Living Building Challenge “Petal” & LEED Platinum certification.
The building materials in the Mosaic Centre were thoroughly researched and evaluated on their sustainable qualities, affordability and aesthetics. Topics that will be discussed in the presentation include:
• The simple business case for the Mosaic Centre: Lean construction frees up budget for Beauty + “Green”
• How the structural materials were selected to meet the business case and project objectives
• An introduction to the IPD system and why it was the key to project success
• Lessons learned and operating data from the past 12 months.
Catch this presentation and many more at the Toronto Wood Solutions Fair at the Allstream Centre on Thursday, November 17, 2016. The cost to register for the entire day is only $50 + HST and you can earn up to 6 professional development hours. OAA members can earn up to 6 Structured Learning hours. The registration deadline is Monday, November 14th. Please register early to avoid disappointment - the most popular sessions fill up quickly.
Click here for more information!