- THE OAA
- NEWS & EVENTS
- PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
- PUBLIC RESOURCES
- DISCOVER AN ARCHITECT
Provider: Building Resource
Certificates will be provided.
Building Resource Inc. represents manufacturers of a range of products that help designers create a better building envelope. With over 30 years’ experience in all aspects of ICI and residential construction we have sourced the leading insulation, envelope and cladding products in the industry.
The presentation will be customized to your specific areas of interest and can include the following topics.
1) OBC SB-12 - what is new and how to comply.
2) OBC SB-10 - The requirements will change effective Jan1, 2018. We will discuss the changes and offer some systems that will help comply.
3) Effective R Value - This is the new standard for reporting thermal resistance of systems. We will discuss what reduces the effective R values of envelope systems and offer solutions.
4) Air Barriers - There are many and selecting one can be overwhelming. We will discuss Air Barriers, Air and Vapour barriers and how to choose based on the environment, cladding and other envelope components.
5) Spray Foam Insulation - provides high performance insulation, air barrier system and vapour barrier in one product. It can be applied above grade, below grade, overhead, in between studs or as a continuous insulation layer in cavity wall. We will discuss where it fits, limitations on the use of all combustible plastic insulation.
6) High Performance Cladding Systems - the ideal cladding provides the right balance of aesthetics, performance and cost effectiveness. We will discuss cladding systems with a focus on NORBEC insulated metal panels and LIDO prefabricated, architectural, insulated rain screen panels.
7) Louvres, Sunshades and Vision Screens - We will review the selection process for louvres and design criteria for sunshades and vision screens.
For more information:
To arrange a Lunch and Learn, please contact:
Michael Pace, CET, BSSO