- THE OAA
- NEWS & EVENTS
- PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
- PUBLIC RESOURCES
- DISCOVER AN ARCHITECT
13 September - 14 September 2018
Provider: RCI Inc.
Venue: Hilton Mississauga/Meadowvale, Mississauga, ON, Canada
Time: 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Early Bird Rate: Member $610, Non-Member $655
Late Registration: Member $680, Non-Member $725, students $100
This two-day educational program addresses important factors for successful design and specification of sound building enclosures.
Leading experts from Canada and the U.S. will offer cutting-edge information regarding design, construction, maintenance, and repair of modern and/or aging building exteriors.
Each educational topic will offer peer-reviewed, application-based technical information for design professionals, architects, engineers, and facility managers.
The event’s open, inclusive environment encourages attendees to ask questions and stimulates dialogue.
Speakers offer relevant solutions by referencing real-world examples and specific case histories.
1) Building Envelope Commissioning: The Missing Link for Future-Ready Buildings
2) Measured Drying Ability of Compact Low-Slope Roofs
3) Thermal Performance of Building Enclosures: Where, What, When, Who, How and Why
4) Roofing vs. Masonry – Who Wins?
5) Liquid-Applied Air Barrier Systems for High-Rise Buildings: Code Requirements and Performance Testing
6) Design of Sloped Roofs in Snow Country
7) Whole-Building Airtightness Testing of Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Buildings
8) Benefits of Dual-Barrier-Protected Membrane Roofs
9) Strategies for Effective Building Retrofits: Façade and Core
10) The Future of Building Envelope Inspections
11) Humidity and Building Envelope Failure in Enclosed Swimming Pools, Hot Tubs, and Steam Rooms
12) Canadian National Standard for the Vegetated Roof Assembly: Field Validation
To learn more and to register:
Tina Hughes, Assistant Director of Conventions & Meetings