Provider: MEPS International Inc.
We will present and discuss the following:
- Legislative requirements for suspended façade access: Building Code Section 4.4.4, applicable Canadian Standards and Occupational Health and Safety Act; interpretation, issues, current and upcoming changes.
- Suspended operations: window cleaning and exterior façade maintenance/repair; boatswain’s chair, suspended platform, BMU (building maintenance unit); governing building height, architectural features and wind conditions
- Support and fall arrest systems design parameters: mandatory and optional; architectural concepts and details which may affect safety and functionality of the system and vice-versa; coordination prior tender; structural and non-structural aspects, frequent issues;
- Equipment selection and equipment design: importance of proper specification; understanding bids; interpretation of tender results; hidden and unforeseen costs; technical and peer review;
- Fall Protection on roofs: safe access, permanent vs. portable (temporary) equipment, current Ministry of Labor Regulations and available products
- Liability issues: Architect’s role and responsibilities for safety, functionality and performance of the selected suspended access system
To set up a lunch and learn, please contact:
Dragana Kaplarevic, P.Eng