- THE OAA
- NEWS & EVENTS
- PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
- PUBLIC RESOURCES
- DISCOVER AN ARCHITECT
27 February 2014
Location: Thornhill, February 27, 2014
Provider: buildABILITY Corporation
This Seminar will introduce builders to the prescriptive requirements (ASHRAE 90.1-2010, ASHRAE 189.1-2009 and other SB-10 revisions) now in effect under SB-10 & provide a glimpse into the future of the effect of complying with the mNECB (2011).
The Ontario Government, through the introduction of SB-10 in January 2012 has telegraphed its intent to develop Ontario into a leader in building energy efficiency. To that end SB-10 now requires new buildings to exceed the mNECB (1997) by 25%. Prescriptive paths are required for those not using energy modelling to achieve these performance levels.
For this seminar particular emphasis will be placed on:
• Common wall systems (e.g. window walls, curtain walls) which are no longer code compliant together with examples of code compliant design options.
• Thermal bridging and the prominence the new code places on continuous insulation in wall systems.
• Fenestration system performance and new code requirements.
• Envelope performance trade-off paths.
• An overview of mechanical and electrical requirements.
For more information or to register, click here. OAA members should register with the OAA number. Questions about this event should be directed to Vivian Do at email@example.com or 416-961-3487.