This course discusses the properties of products made from recycled tires (commonly referred to as tire-derived products or TDPs) and opportunities to meet sustainability objectives for heavy-use facilities such as schools, municipal sites, hospitals and sports and recreation sites. The course provides an overview of TDP applications and design strategies that can be utilized to help achieve sustainable building certifications and meet evolving building code and green planning and development standards in Ontario. With the aid of in-depth case studies, the course will provide practical guidance on specification, sourcing, use, maintenance and end-of-life considerations for tire derived materials, as well as insights into technological advancements and emerging applications.
1. Understand the performance characteristics of tire-derived building materials and products.
2. Understand the tire life cycle in Ontario and how responsible tire stewardship is supporting local green building innovation across the province.
3. Explore strategies for leveraging recycled tire products to help obtain points under LEED and related sustainable building certifications, as well as meet emerging green planning and development standards, and building code amendments.
4. Explore asset planning and management approaches with respect to tire-derived construction materials.
5. Understand process for specifying, sourcing, installing, maintaining, and managing end-of-life of recycled tire products to achieve maximum product and sustainability performance
6. Analyze case studies of successful applications of recycled tire products in addressing diverse building and construction design challenges.
7. Explore integrated design strategies that take a ‘whole systems’ approach to yielding cost synergies and returns on investment.
8. Understand innovation trajectory of tire-derived products and explore emerging applications in diverse building and construction sectors.
9. Learn about programs and resources available to help specify, procure and integrate recycled tire products into building projects.
Jim Lord, Principal
Mercedes Markowski, Sustainability Consultant
Garrick Ng, VP Sustainability
Jeff Ranson, Senior Associate
Date: September 25, 2012
Location: Ecovert Sustainability Consultants 55 Ormskirk Ave, Toronto, ON M6S 4V6
Date: November 10, 2012
Innovolve Group Inc. 294 Richmond St. East, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5A 1P5
Date: November 28-30, 2012
Construct Canada Metro Toronto Convention Centre
To schedule a Lunch and Learn in your office, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org