- THE OAA
- NEWS & EVENTS
- PROFESSIONAL RESOURCES
- PUBLIC RESOURCES
- DISCOVER AN ARCHITECT
24 January - 09 February 2019
***Please see the event page for the course schedule***
Venue: LMT Training Centre
95 Wellington St. West, Ste.1400, Toronto, ON
RAIC Members, Early Bird Special: $1,450 - register by January 4.
RAIC Members, After January 4: $1,600
Non-members: $1,750 (register any time)
The Royal Architectural Institute of Canada is offering project management courses for architects and interns in Toronto. This course will provide both project management knowledge in the context of architectural practice as well as prepare participants for the Project Management Institute’s PMP® certification exam.
The courses will include:
• Project management tools and templates for architectural practice;
• 35 hours of instruction plus a 6-hour practical workshop in which participants will learn to use the tools and templates;
• a premium PMP® certification exam preparation kit including textbook, study aids, online resources, and an online test question bank.
The RAIC’s Project Management for Architects course will:
1) provide architectural interns, emerging practitioner, and emerging proprietors with a solid grounding in contemporary project management practices, tools and techniques, and
2) prepare participants to write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam.
• Develop a project plan for a design project including work plan, schedule, bottom-up and top-down fee calculations, and risk management plan;
• Develop a stakeholder management plan for a design project;
• Relate architectural practice to the ten knowledge areas of contemporary project management body of knowledge, as described in PMI’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide);
• With additional study, write the Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification exam.
Contact: Don Ardiel