This is not a design position. Our immediate needs are for someone who can function as project coordinator, manage construction administration and ensure design intent is carried out on site. That said, input from this person will be required during design and construction phases concerning detailing and knowledge of building codes. Coordination with sub-consultants will be a significant component of this position.
We are a growing boutique architectural firm located in downtown Toronto. Our work lies primarily in the higher education sector (university and college) though we do get involved in many project types and sectors including hospitality and health care. Many of our earlier projects were feasibility studies and modest renovations and we are now seeing more interesting and complex construction work flow from these early studies.
• Minimum 8 years experience in institutional design and construction
• Knowledge of construction techniques and ability to explain design intent and details in a construction environment
• Ability to hand sketch construction details and adjust details to suit varying conditions
• Skill in reading and managing shop drawing process
• Competency in CAD and Revit
• Valid Ontario Drivers License
• Fluency in English (must be excellent) -- spoken and written
• Skill in coordinating a team
• Willingness to multi-task and serve as point-person
• Strong work ethic and ability to work independently, efficiently and with accuracy
• A strong knowledge of building science, construction details and building codes
• Desire to work in a downtown Toronto, collaborative office environment.
• Participation as technical member of the design team
• Site Reviews
• Supervise junior team members
• Developing and coordinating construction documents.
Our ideal candidate will be engaged, committed to our joint success and interested in the opportunity to grow and develop with the office.
This is a full-time position, there is a health plan and remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit a CV, references and a few samples of work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected applicants will be contacted.
No telephone calls please.