PG Design Studio [PGDS] is in Prica Global Enterprises Shared Facility. located in Waterloo, Ontario.
The BIM Manager works to prepare design and construction drawings for architectural projects, applying knowledge of design, building materials and assemblies. The BIM Manager creates and implements the BIM modelling standards for each project. The role is characterized by the following major characteristics:
1. Initial project setup, maintenance and problem solving
2. Standards and family creation
3. Consultant coordination and Clash Detection.
4. Data/drawing management and companywide software integration.
5. Revit Software programing, use and analysis.
6. Mentoring/teaching/keeping staff skills up to date in Revit
• Degree or Diploma in Architecture or related area of study [International education to be evaluated and assessed for equivalency via WES – [World Education Services]
• 5-8 years Proficiency in Revit and/or NavisWorks and previous hold a BIM manager position or working towards
• 2-3 years of experience in management role is preferred
• Considerable knowledge of modern building construction methods and materials and of the preparation of specifications.
• Considerable knowledge of the terminology, methods, practices, and techniques of architectural drafting.
• Some knowledge of the principles and methods of surveying and inspecting sites and buildings, preparatory to planning and designing.
• Ability to prepare complex schematic drawings from rough sketches and oral instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the team
• Skill in designing alterations to buildings and structures and in preparing accurate drawings and specifications.
• Proficient in AutoCad, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp
• Excellent presentation and graphic skills.
• Conducts surveys to gather data needed in design preparation.
• Following project approval, prepares the final designs, including the required drafting and specifications.
• Responsible for preparing and producing presentation quality drawings, models and renderings
• Presents design to client and other authorities
• Responsible for design discussions, idea generation, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats
• Responsible for developing designs and technical solutions throughout all phases of a project
• Attend client meetings
• Recognize and document conflicts that arise during construction and offer alternatives to resolve these issues
• Performs the drawing and drafting work using AutoCad and Revit that is required for each project.
• Refers completed designs and specifications to superiors for review, alterations, and approval.
• Selecting the best materials and processes for the project, focusing on the functionality of the building.
• Surveying sites, identifying location benefits and environmental impacts.
• Analyzing architectural plans and drawings, highlighting any possible risks or problems and making amendments using AutoCad and Revit.
• Specifying the appropriate technology and tools to be used in the project and advising where this requires deviation from the initial design plans.
• Liaising with the surveyors and other construction professionals to discuss the project brief.
• May be involved in post-construction appraisal stages; handing the project over to the client or making sure the building is appropriately furnished and prepared to client specification.
• Assign work to team members, evaluate work and mentor as necessary
• Attend meetings onsite to oversee construction phase of project
• Other duties as required.
For more information visit http://pgdstudio.com/