At DFS, we work together to deliver quality solutions on projects in a variety of sectors of architecture. This variety of project types allows our team to develop a wide base of skills and experience.
Our teaming structure provides the opportunity to see all phases of a project allowing new recruits to gather a broader understanding of architecture. The relaxed studio environment promotes an open exchange of ideas. With goal setting, mentorship and training policies, we help our team develop to their maximum potential.
We are looking to bolster the teams of several new and exciting projects such as;
• Design and construction of two floors of executive office space.
• A feasibility study to evaluate the redevelopment potential of 11+ buildings within a complex urban environment.
• Capture the functional requirements for over 140,000m2 of office, lab and special purpose space across 29 buildings.
• As part of a larger consortium, develop the functional program and conservation approach for one of the most culturally significant buildings in Canada.
We are looking for senior Architects to be team leaders and Architects with mid-level experience to support the team leaders.
• 7 or more years of experience related to Architecture
• Ability to register with OAQ or OAA.
• Experience working with PWGSC
• Experience in developing Functional Programs and feasibility studies
• Ability work in teams
• Ability to motivate themselves and others
• Ability to prioritise and coordinate work between several projects at any time.
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English, French or both.
• Working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, MS office and MS project
• LEED accreditation is an asset
We encourage our team push their boundaries and take on new challenges so the job duties will be defined by your abilities.
In general, the job duties include;
• Direct or support project teams
• Coordinate project objectives with the client and the team
• Develop project deliverables
• Construction contract administration and site inspection
In addition to providing a stimulating work environment, we offer competitive salaries with annual adjustments, flexible work hours, a health plan, social activities, and opportunities to grow.
If you’re interested in taking on new challenges, possibly stepping outside your comfort zone in a supportive collaborative atmosphere then DFS is the right place for you. Please send a PDF of your CV to: email@example.com