Teeple Architects Inc. is an established, dynamic, mid-sized architecture firm located in downtown Toronto, carrying out projects at various scales for a variety of high-profile public- and private-sector clients. The firm has been recognized with design honours on the local, provincial, national and international levels and has distinguished itself as a leader in the field of sustainable design. We have a reputation for design excellence combined with a high level of technical expertise, as well as for exemplary customer service.
We are seeking an individual who is knowledgeable and articulate about architectural design and practice, is collaborative, outgoing and friendly, and is able to work creatively and effectively with senior staff to develop marketing and business development strategies, professional proposals and presentations, awards and publication submissions as well as other diverse marketing materials.
The candidate should be motivated and detail-oriented, strongly interested in the business of architecture, with strong interpersonal, writing, editing and graphic design skills, ideally with a graduate degree in the field of architecture. In addition, this role will require connecting with potential clients in the institutional, residential and commercial development sectors to ensure that Teeple Architects is considered for any current and future architectural opportunities.
- Graduate-level degree in architecture (although equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered).
- Recent graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Project Management and team management skills.
- Effectively communicating and prioritizing projects in fast-paced environment.
- Similar or related experience in an architecture office desirable but not required.
- High level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Visual literacy with regard to architectural representation (plans, sections, elevations, perspectival drawing).
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude and ability.
- Ability to translate technical architectural concepts into clear and engaging marketing copy.
- Flexibility to work independently as well as within a multidisciplinary team.
- Creativity with respect to written and graphic representation of the firm’s capabilities as well as with regard to the strategic development of business development and marketing strategies.
As Business Development Manager, the successful candidate will manage business development, marketing and communications strategies for our office and will perform a variety of tasks associated with the day-to-day and long term success of the firm.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with the firm partners to develop business development and marketing strategies that aligns with the firm’s business goals.
- Overseeing lead generation and identification of appropriate RFPs and project opportunities through appropriate bid sites.
- Leading the preparation of proposals, RFP submittals and interview presentations in conjunction with other marketing staff.
- Management and production of awards submissions.
- Management and coordination of print publication opportunities (email campaigns, mailers, portfolio books and publications).
- Management of online and social media marketing activities, including the mobile friendly firm website.
- Development and maintenance of marketing materials and databases.
- Development and tracking of relationships with strategic business partners (institutions, developers, contractors).
- Overseeing the work of marketing staff.
- Coordinating PR activities and project photo-shoots.
- The candidate will lead a small team of graphic designers to facilitate the implementation of these strategies. You will work directly with the firm partners on a day-to-day basis
Qualified candidates should email a résumé, brief relevant portfolio and brief writing sample in PDF format to:firstname.lastname@example.org