J.L. Richards & Associates Limited (JLR) is a multidisciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm. We are 100% employee-owned and a Canadian Best Managed Company. Our portfolio is broad, covering institutional, commercial, government, and industrial market sectors. Our firm has designed a wide variety of projects throughout Canada and around the world.
JLR’s Ottawa office is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Proposal Writer. The successful candidate will bring expertise to the writing, editing, and coordinating of proposal content, and will have at least 3–5 years experience in a professional writing role.
- Degree in communications, English, business, or related field.
- Minimum of 3–5 years of experience in proposal development and/or professional business writing.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to craft language that is persuasive, accurate, and polished.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of the proposal team (project managers, graphic designers, subject matter experts) and provide constructive feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to foster collegiality and guide the proposal team toward deadlines and goals.
- Experience in, and knowledge of design and construction industry, is a strong asset.
- Bilingualism is an asset (English/French).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a strong asset.
- Develop clear and concise documentation in support of project proposals.
- Edit and review content with meticulous attention to grammar, punctuation, style, tone, and consistency.
- Collaborate with in-house graphic design and promotional team.
- Multi-task, establish priorities, and coordinate a schedule for researching, drafting, revising, and submitting proposals.
- Coordinate project close-out, including assisting with project profiles.
- Evaluate the approach, processes, and coordination of delivery schedules to improve results.
- Keep up-to-date on the technology and methods of proposal delivery.
- Provide updates on the submission process and target deadlines.
Application Instructions: Your cover letter should outline your experience and the contributions you can make to JLR. Please submit a CV, one writing sample (essay, article, etc.), and a cover letter in a single PDF document to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants who do not submit a writing sample and cover letter will not be considered.
We request that only candidates with the qualifications listed above respond to this opportunity. We look forward to, and appreciate your submissions, but regret that we will only be able to contact candidates selected for an interview.
For more information visit www.jlrichards.ca