Established in 1986, Quadrangle Architects Limited is among Canada’s most dynamic architectural firms.
Our portfolio of projects illustrates a diversified client list that includes major players in the residential, commercial, media and hospitality industries. Equally wide-ranging is our scope and expertise in the rehabilitation and conversion of existing buildings, historical restorations and renovations, corporate interiors and institutional projects.
Quadrangle is seeking senior and intermediate architectural design leads. We are looking for people with strong conceptual design and design development abilities, which are demonstrated in a combination of graphic and verbal communication skills. Candidates should have the ability to work well with a diverse group of teams, mentor junior designers and deliver concepts quickly. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience, most recently as a lead architect designer, and preferably with experience in private sector multi-unit/mixed use residential projects. Proficiency with Revit, with additional skills in 3D modeling and rendering will be an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of related industry experience in a design role;
- Experience with private sector multi-unit/mixed use residential projects;
- Strong conceptual, graphic and design talent;
- Ability to mentor junior architects;
- Proficiency in Revit, with additional skills in 3D modeling and rendering;
- Excellent design and visual communication skills;
- Critical thinking, effective problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Act as a point of client contact for design discussions while building trust at all levels;
- Inspire and lead design thinking and discussion;
- Maintain accountability and communicate to the team design integrity, economic feasibility and constructability of design ideas through all phases of project work;
- Work with the Project Lead to understand the project deliverables, deadlines and time allocation and provide feedback;
- Work with the Project Lead to ensure quality design output is realized by providing feedback on team talent and task distribution;
- Create design solutions through appropriate precedent selection, sketches, diagramming, renderings, materials research, technical details and preparation of drawing packages;
- Engage with the project Design Advisor on a regular basis to ensure an ongoing design feedback loop is created;
- Ensure that all presentation packages meet Quadrangle design standards and receive proper quality control review by the Design Advisor in a timely manner, prior to presentation;
- Demonstrate design initiative through outside interest in design, contributions to the Quadrangle design discussion and other initiatives.
We believe our people are our most valuable asset. The studio is a fast-paced and supportive team-based environment. Quadrangle continues to expand, and we're seeking exceptional designers to help us build a bright future. We offer outstanding opportunities to develop your professional skills and to grow within the firm.
If you would like to pursue a career at Quadrangle, please submit your résumé, together with samples of your work (Acrobat PDF file only) or a link to your online portfolio, via email to: jobsQAL@quadrangle.ca
Quadrangle is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices by accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.