de Silva Architect is a small firm seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Technologist/Intern Architect in the Architectural Discipline.
This is a full-time position located in Oakville, Ontario, Canada.
- Candidate must be fluent in AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office. 3D Modeling would be advantageous.
- Minimum 1-year relevant professional experience in an architectural firm with exceptional skills in the production and coordination of contract documents.
- Candidates must also have a good knowledge of building systems and detailing, with the ability to work independently, developing and coordinating contract documents and document checking.
The successful candidate will exemplify the following characteristics:
- A self-motivated energetic individual that will work well both individually and in a team environment to develop projects through the various phases of the projects development.
- An individual that possesses a thorough working knowledge of construction detailing including building envelope design
- Thorough working knowledge and ability to prepare working drawings, details, schedules using ACAD.
- Excellent coordination skills
- Experience with time management of team resources effectively to undertake multiple project or facets of various projects.
- Strong knowledge construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.