LMDG is a well-established engineering firm specializing in fire protection and life safety building code consulting services for the built environment since 1988. Our solid reputation is founded on decades of satisfied clients, participation on Code and Standards committees, and work with enforcement authorities. Our offices in Vancouver and Toronto serve an ever-growing portfolio of clients including leading architects, engineers, building owners, developers, contractors, government agencies, insurers, and lawyers.
We’re a tight-knit, like-minded team that encourages open communication, collaboration and idea sharing. We offer competitive compensation, achievable bonuses, benefits (dental, vision, paramedical, disability and life insurance), and encourage ongoing professional development and growth. As an employee-owned firm, we’re insulated from traditional external interests and pressures. At LMDG, we proudly take care of our own.
Our Toronto office has an immediate, full-time position available for an Accessibility Consultant. This newly created position is an excellent opportunity for a mid-level candidate to bring their Accessibility expertise and experience to grow the accessibility line of services at LMDG.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field (Environmental Design, Architectural Technology, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience and practice in Accessibility Consultant role
- Current knowledge of Ontario Building Code (Section 3.8), CAN/-CSA-B651 Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and Municipal/Institution Facility Accessibility Design Standards (FADS)
- Experience in development of comprehensive accessibility design guidelines for the built environment
- Experience in engaging with AEC project teams and leading design, specification, approvals, and construction administration for Accessibility
- Experience in developing and enhancing working relationships with clients and industry professionals in both public and private sectors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (includes report writing, correspondence with clients and organizations over the phone and in-person, presenting subject-matter-expertise to small and large audiences)
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, driven by a desire to make better buildings
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with integrity
- Ability to travel; must possess valid driver’s license
The individual will conduct Accessibility compliance reviews including institutional facilities and public-private partnership projects, develop accessibility compliance strategies, conduct site visits and design reviews, ensure Customer Service Compliance and provide consulting services as part of the LMDG Team. The candidate will bring industry best practices and their previous experience in the Accessibility Consultant role.
visit http://lmdg.com/career/to apply.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.