Sweeny &Co. Architects Inc. is a company of independent but collaborative thinkers working in an open, inclusive culture. What differentiates our company from other firms is its internal organization, its commitment to innovation, and its ability to reform itself to tackle a diverse range of projects with expertise and ingenuity. At Sweeny&Co, we provide intelligence in architecture and interiors, real estate and development consulting, sustainable design, information design, visualization and project management. We deliver bold ideas by integrating strategic and creative disciplines and we share a belief in the relentless pursuit to make something better.
We have some exciting new projects and this job is an excellent opportunity if you are motivated and want to grow a career with our company. You would be working with a staff complement of 40 people in an office located in a building of our own design, 134 Peter Street in Toronto’s Queen-Spadina district. We work as a team in a collaborative atmosphere that focuses on the creation of economically smart design solutions that promote sustainability, environmental consciousness, urban culture and design.
The position is full-time, to start immediately. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 3-month probationary period.
- B.Arch or M.Arch with 5+ years relevant experience
- Proficiency with Revit Architecture and Microsoft Office programs mandatory
- Experience in design and producing design working drawings for large scale commercial, multi-unit residential or institutional projects
- An understanding of the design process and documentation required during all project stages for a variety of building types
- Team player
- Positive attitude and solution-oriented
- Design focussed work
- An interest in sustainable design
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- We are not a departmentalized office, all candidates are expected to have well rounded skills and will be exposed to all stages of architectural work
- Revit production of design documents and contract documents
- Three dimensional visualization (Revit and/or 3D Studio Max)
- Working on a small team or independently to produce projects
For more information visit http://www.sweenyandco.com/
Candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, a portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations (total attachments should be less than 8MB) to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include “Architect - Junior/Intermediate or Intern Architect Position” in the subject line.
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.