At Giannone Petricone Associates we are designing environments inspired by a love of city-making and contemporary urban culture. From well crafted interiors to large-scale urban redevelopments (and everything in-between) our work relishes in close attention to detail and material expression, provocative programs, and thorough investigation and infiltration of local contexts.
We are a 50+ person firm located in Toronto since 1995. Our award-winning projects are mostly in Canada but extend to the US and Europe where we have enjoyed great interest in our unique design approach. We are growing, and looking to hire architects and/or intern architects that will complement our great team of creative individuals and help us rise to the challenges of the next level of exciting projects.
To be a successful candidate you will have a strong commitment to design excellence, execution and strong skills in the production and co-ordination of contract documents with annotated and dimensioned drawings. You must be able to demonstrate experience ranging from concept design through to contract administration and you will have experience working on a variety of project types. You must have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in architecture, architectural science or architectural technology. A minimum of 3+ years of professional working experience is required, not including co-operative education placements. Candidates must demonstrate working experience with Ontario Building Code requirements.
- Works with Seniors to co-ordinate internal project deliverables;
- Contributes to the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of project phases.
- Develops design concepts and associated presentation materials;
- Develops and prepares design development materials and presentation;
- Develops designs with intent, based on research & resolution of technical/ design issues;
- Develops construction documents for projects of varying scope with minimal supervision;
- Modifies and update designs based on review comments from senior staff.
- Prepares architectural drawings using AutoCAD, REVIT, SketchUp and other modeling software;
- Support Senior staff with evaluating site conditions and constraints;
- Executes technical design assignments in a timely manner;
- Produces compelling design development work, digital models, drawings, and outline specifications;
- Supports Senior staff with effective analysis of applicable building codes, by-laws and other regulations and technical documents / reports to which a project may be subject.
- Inspires and motivates; collaborates across teams; develops junior members;
- Liaises with Seniors, Associates and Principals as required;
- Develops strong relationships with clients and internal teams;
- Leads and participates in team meetings to coordinate design options and ideas.
If you are interested in applying for this position please forward a CV and a PDF file of your portfolio of no more than 10MB via email to email@example.com
Email Subject Line to Read: Intermediate_SURNAME
Thank you for your interest in GPA however only candidates invited to interview will be contacted.