Diamond Schmitt Architects has built an international reputation for design excellence across a range of building types. From opera houses, libraries and laboratories to residential, office, academic and healthcare projects, this award-winning design firm strives to exceed clients’ expectations.
The company is a leading proponent of sustainable design innovation with a growing list of LEED certified buildings and zero-net energy projects. Design thinking that presents a strong sense of context and integration with the streetscape distinguishes the studio’s work for which Diamond Schmitt is known and respected as a leading architecture practice across Canada and abroad.
The firm’s design sensibility is matched with a successful business model that positions it among Canada’s Top 100 Employers, GTA’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Managed Companies™. More than 250 people work in the Toronto-based practice with offices in Vancouver and New York City.
What are we looking for in the ideal candidate?
They have experience in scheduling posts/ads and social moderation, as well as a solid understanding of digital marketing and brand awareness.
They are passionate about storytelling and developing creative and inspiring content related to the firm’s design process, our built environments and inspiration around the firm’s accomplishments.
They have superior time management skills and excellent attention to detail, as well as strong organizational and communication skills.
They will have a positive attitude and would be willing to take initiative and are excited to support our business development team in a fast-paced, growing firm.
Company Benefits And Perks:
- Progressive and competitive health benefits and lifestyle benefits programs
- RRSP matching
- Year-end bonus
- Weekly design meetings with beverages and popcorn
- 3 weeks’ vacation to start
- Summer Fridays
- DSAI University / professional development opportunities
- And more …
- Post graduate degree in marketing and/or social media programs
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced creative environment
- At least 1-2 years of previous internship and/or work experience
- Experience within architectural, engineering or construction industry is a plus
- Strong understanding of social platform capabilities, including, but not limited to: posting, scheduling, targeting, tracking & analytics, content formats, etc.
- Superb verbal and written communication (i.e. grammar, spelling and punctuation)
- Excellent in visual design, consulting, writing, editing and presentation (photo/video/text)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop)
- Photography and video skills are a plus
- Duties include
- Responsible for curating and developing all social media content and manages all social media outlets including, but not limited to, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Knowledge around building and engaging meaningful connections with clients, prospective clients and the architectural community
- Collaborates with our staff and business development teams to deliver extraordinary architectural content
- Collaborates with leadership to ensure all social content on channels aligns with the firm’s goals and brand standards
- Collaborates with staff and moderate user-generated social media posts and content
- Identifies opportunities for real-time social posts
- Actively follows competitors and industry news to identify trends and topics that give us the competitive edge and are in line with the firm’s brand
- Promotes firm events, achievements and media releases
- Mines audience insights and makes recommendations based on findings and able to present performance analysis to leadership
- Is able to prioritize requests and manage expectations with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Has a strong passion for marketing and is in-the-know of news and/or major changes in social media
- Is a self-starter who is eager to help develop innovative and progressive marketing strategies
- Ability to set metrics for success and develop reporting criteria to provide updates to senior management team
- Team player!
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who have applied however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diamond Schmitt Architects encourages and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates in all aspects of the selection process.