Sweeny &Co. Architects Inc. is a company of independent and collaborative thinkers working in an open, inclusive culture. What differentiates our company from other firms is its internal organization, its commitment to innovation, and its ability to re-form itself to tackle a diverse range of projects with expertise and ingenuity. At Sweeny&Co, we provide intelligence in architecture and interiors, real estate and development consulting, sustainable design, information design, visualization and project management. We deliver bold ideas by integrating strategic and creative disciplines and we share a belief in the relentless pursuit to make something better.
We are not a departmentalized office, and as such we are searching for a well-rounded architect who can contribute at all phases of our work: from schematic design through working drawings and contract administration. However, this role will primarily focus on the preparation and oversight of working drawings and the performance of contract administration duties. You would be working with a staff complement of 40 people in an office located in a building of our own design, 134 Peter Street in Toronto’s Queen-Spadina district. We work as a team in a collaborative atmosphere that focuses on the creation of economically smart design solutions that promote sustainability, environmental consciousness, urban culture and design. This position offers an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and engaged office and provide mentorship to younger architects and designers.
We require ten years of local experience in Contract Administration, preferably on large-scale commercial office and high-rise residential projects.
The position is full-time, to start immediately. We offer excellent opportunities to expand your career with full benefits after a 4-month probationary period.
- B.Arch or M.Arch with 10+ years of local experience in Contract Administration
- Proficiency with Revit Architecture and Microsoft Office programs mandatory
- Experience in design and producing design working drawings for large-scale commercial, multi-unit residential or institutional projects
- An understanding of the design process and documentation required during all project stages for a variety of building types including office and multi-residential.
- Team player
- Positive attitude and solution-oriented
- Design focussed work
- An interest in sustainable design
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Duties / Responsibilities:
- All candidates are expected to have well-rounded skills and will be exposed to all stages of architectural work, however primary duties will include Contract Administration of large-scale commercial and high-rise residential buildings
- Revit production of design documents and contract documents
- Working on a small team providing direction or independently to produce projects
Candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume, a portfolio in PDF format and salary expectations (total attachments should be less than 8MB) to email@example.com Please include “Senior Level Architect Position” in the subject line.
Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.