ATA Architects Inc. (ATA) is an award winning, progressive design-oriented firm that continues to grow its team. Its office is located on Lakeshore Road in downtown Oakville (easily accessible by GO Transit and the QEW highway with banks, coffee shops, restaurants, bakeries and a variety of stores are all in walking distance).
The position is ideal for a candidate seeking wider experience and enjoys the challenge of different projects. The firm’s intent is to fill the position for this March. ATA has on going work for colleges, universities, school boards, churches, municipalities, as well as private sector projects including offices, retail centres, condominiums, homes, and interiors.
ATA is recognized for its innovative design and service to its Clients. The firm is seeking an individual who has established high standards in their past employment and who has a solid understanding of construction methods, the Ontario Building Code and can contribute to the design development process.
The employee’s role will be that of a Job Captain involved in the production of contract documents.
Responsibilities to include:
- A minimum of four (4) years experience in the production of contract drawings, with at least two (2) years practical experience in Revit.
- Liaise with the Consultant team and assist the Project Manager and/or (Project) Architect
- Provide contract administrative support
- Assist in obtaining municipal approvals
- Contribute to the project design and its technical development to meet OBC requirements
- A broad experience in a range of building types is desirable, but not essential.
- Demonstration of competence in production of detailed contracting drawings is critical.
- Good interpersonal skills with staff and consultants is important.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
For a list of current projects please visit our website at www.ataarchitectsinc.ca/
Interested applicants are invited to submit resumes by email (in PDF format please) to: firstname.lastname@example.org A digital portfolio of work is essential to the process and would be appreciated.
Due to the frequently large number of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone calls please