Our private sector client is seeking an OAA Architect or Intern Architect to support design services in their Ottawa, Ontario office.
This client also offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; RRSP, unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training.
- Be knowledgeable of all aspects of general architectural practice including planning, programming, schematic design, production of construction documents (drawings and specifications), and construction administration.
- Proficient in the use of 2D and 3D software packages. Must be proficient in REVIT, AutoCad, and shall be knowledgeable in the capabilities of BIM software
- Have a professional architecture degree certified by the CACB suitable for licensure as an Architect in the Province of Ontario or recognized equivalency. The candidate will be expected to obtain OAA licensure at the earliest opportunity. Current, full OAA licensure is an advantage.
- A recognized degree in Architecture from an accredited University or College.
- Have knowledge of current building codes and contemporary methods of heavy commercial, institutional and industrial construction as well as laboratory design guidelines and standards.
- Posses good verbal and writing skills and be able to interact effectively with clients and other employees and must have strong oral presentation skills.
- Must be able to travel and must possess a current passport. It is anticipated that this may include some international travel.
- Candidate must possess or be able to obtain Government of Canada Secret level clearance.
- Interact with clients to determine and define project requirements, will model complex facilities and produce plans, details, and specifications
- Prepare and develop project specific and typical design details.
- Provide leadership and support to staff in the structural design and multi-disciplinary environments.
- Perform construction site inspections, and work with other design and construction professionals to deliver high integrity building solutions.
- Work at jobsites will be required inclusive of active construction and or commissioning efforts. Will require access to/from elevated areas, functional and operational equipment and donning of appropriate PPE
- Air travel and business trips will be required within Canada, continental USA and possible overseas work as well.
For more information visit https://www.excelhr.com/Opportunity?OpportunityNumber=40122970