We are currently seeking a Design Professional to join HOK Toronto. A Design Professional is responsible for working with the project team to assist overall effort of completing various project phases including performing basic architectural assignments receiving specific and detailed instruction as to tasks required and results expected.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture required.
- 5-10 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
Skills & Competencies:
- Basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as ∙ Rhino and Grasshopper preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in Revit and BIM preferred.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- With direction from the project designer or more senior design professionals, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
- Works closely with design team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
- Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. ∙ Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Performs product research; assists project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- May assist team in construction administration document management.
- May mentor and direct the work of Intern staff.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Travel may be required.
- Some overtime may be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
For more information visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/HOK/Careers/jobs/2945