Kaprielian Verhiel Architects Inc. is seeking an Architect (Intermediate Level) or Architectural Technologist to join our studio.
We are a small office with a broad portfolio of work including custom single-family homes, multi-residential projects, data centres, laboratories, commercial buildings and workplace interiors, as well as institutional projects. Our studio is a collaborative and supportive team-based environment, and the practice offers a broad range of experience through all aspects of design and construction.
We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic about design and thoughtful detailing, and interested in participating in an open and collaborative work environment. Candidates will posses excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficiency in AutoCad, and have solid technical experience
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in an architectural environment
- Excellent practical understanding of building systems, detailing and materials
- Excellent digital skills: CAD, MS Office, Sketchup, Vray.
- Construction Administration Experience
- Experience dealing with Authorities: Ontario Building Code Knowledge;
- Design Sensitivity and openness
- Collaborative, Enthusiastic, Engaged, Committed, Organized, Effective.
- Excellent Communication Skills
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of pre-design, design, documentation and construction administration, including:
- Code and Zoning research and application
- Design collaboration
- Client and stakeholder interaction
- Consultant communication and coordination
- Preparation of presentation documents
- Preparation of working drawings
- Managing Authorities
- Managing projects including administrative duties
- Construction Administration
In addition to the above, the following skills will be significant assets:
- understanding and experience with municipal approvals processes including Zoning, Site Plan Control, permit, and re-zoning.
- Fluency in Revit
For more information visit www.kavearchitects.com
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, sample of work or portfolio, and salary expectations to: email@example.com
While we appreciate all interest in Kave, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.