The Construction Administrator will play a key role as primary contact during the construction phase; administering the contract and liaising with Owner, the construction team, suppliers, and the consulting team. As the successful candidate you will prepare and issue all construction administration documents; review architectural submittals and coordinate sub-consultant submittal review; responding to RFI’s, preparing PC’s and CO’s ; assemble proposed change documents from the project team; and manage shop drawing submittals/reviews from major sub-trades and equipment suppliers.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience construction contract administration in the construction industry, with 2-3 years being in an architectural practice.
- Experience on design/build projects as asset.
- Must have Architectural or Engineering Degree, or College Diploma in Architectural Technology, Construction Management/Administration or another field related discipline.
- Conversant with AutoCad/ Revit is an asset.
- Knowledge of Filemaker Pro, Procore is an asset.
- Strong multi-task and organization skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations with a high degree of professionalism.
- Effective & efficient verbal and written communication skills.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience with industrial, office buildings, and data centres.
- Review Contract Documents for consistency and completeness, prior to project going out to bid.
- Provide timely consultations solving problems with contractor and consulting team as they arise.
- Respond to requests for information, change orders, monthly progress payment certificates, and process contract close-outs.
- Review workmanship on site for conformance with contract documents and building codes.
- Proactively achieve design intent through look-ahead meetings for critical subtrades and repetitive activities, prior to ordering of materials.
- Provide constructive feedback to design team with an objective of continuous improvement.
- Manage shop drawing process and reviews, coordinating with suppliers, consultants, and key construction sub-trades