Standard Practice Inc. is a Toronto-based architectural firm established in 2015 providing a full spectrum of services to all building residential and commercial sectors. We are located in downtown Toronto near the Dupont TTC station and the George Brown campus (Casa Loma).
We are now seeking an experienced individual to join our growing office. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, organized and technically proficient. This successful applicant will be able to participate and contribute in all aspects of a growing architecture practice.
Currently, we are working on a number of projects ranging in scale from laneway houses to high-rise buildings in and around the GTA.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Architecture and licensed with the OAA,
- Minimum 8 years work experience in an architecture/design office,
- Extensive knowledge of the OBC, building assemblies and construction methods,
- Exceptional technical skills and problem solving abilities,
- Strong knowledge of the planning process and Toronto bylaws,
- Experience with BIM software,
- Valid driver’s license,
- Strong design sensibility,
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills,
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively,
- Outgoing personality.
- Experience in all aspects construction administration including preparation of contract documents, payment certification, field reviews, change orders, bidding and negotiation, scheduling, and project close-out.
- Assume project lead on multiple projects while coordinating other disciplines including consultants, client representatives,
- Coordinating documents and specifications with other disciplines,
- Meeting deadlines, budgets and schedules,
- Maintain client / team communications and liaise with local authorities and building departments.
For more information visit standard-practice.ca
Please submit resume and portfolio (max. 20 MB) via email to email@example.com with subject line to read: Employment Application [your surname]
We thank all applicants for their interest however only applicants selected will be contacted.