Peter Higgins Architect Inc. (Toronto) was established in 1989 and specializes in the architectural design of custom homes, cottages, townhomes, and day-nurseries. We are well established in the Greater Toronto Area and have completed a variety of projects in various locations in Southern Ontario. Our office offers a friendly atmosphere, as well as the potential for professional growth.
We are seeking a Senior Technologist in the Architectural Discipline with strong experience in high-end custom homes and townhomes to join our team and be involved in all aspects of our projects.
This individual will assist in the production of high quality construction drawings and details using Autocad, including 3D representations.
Candidates should embody the following skills and experience:
- Architectural Technology diploma from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of professional architectural drafting experience with strong focus on design excellence and graphic communication with residential use projects.
- Experience in all phases of architectural design from conceptual design development to detailed design and in the preparation and coordination of construction documents;
- Strong visual and graphic communication skills a desirable asset
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal and written) in the English language in collaboration with team members including multiple engineering disciplines and clients.
- Technical knowledge of building construction and the OBC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills essential in your dealings with colleagues and clients;
- Great team skills and ability to work on multiple projects.
- Ambitious, energetic, detail-oriented
- Familiarity with GTA approvals process is an asset.
- High proficiency with AutoCAD 2014 and above
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Adobe software and Sketch-Up
- Knowledge of wood-frame construction, the Ontario Building Code (Part 3 in particular) and Toronto’s Zoning By-Laws
- Responsible, self-motivated, reliable, and enthusiastic
- Flexible multi-tasker able to balance a series of time sensitive projects
- Execute design & production drawings for residential projects
- Generate architectural working drawings with minimal supervision.
- Be detail oriented and exhibit an ability to work within a strict, quality controlled work environment.
- Willingness to handle tight deadlines.
This is an open-ended contract position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit resumes in confidence by email only to: Peter Francis email@example.com
No telephone calls, please.
For more information visit www.peterhigginsarchitect.com